Wow, we’re getting so close to 2019! ONE DAY AWAY. I personally am extremely excited, because I have this weird feeling that 2019 is going to be my year. It’s been a while since I’ve had a decent year, so I’ve DECIDED that 2019 will be MY YEAR. Did you know you could do that? Yep, just choose to have a good year and then WORK towards making it amazing. Things always happen to throw us off our game, but what matters is how you handle and react to a situation you’re put in! With that being said, I’ve managed to put together some beauty favorites for the year, even though makeup didn’t really excite me much in 2018, and I was pretty bored by beauty (in all honesty).
Let’s get started!
- I obviously had to include Vichy’s Mineral 89. This will forever be my favorite skincare product. It’s moisturizing, with it’s combination of hyaluronic acid & 15 minerals. Paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, oil-free, non-greasy and silicone-free…which I L O V E. It’s an amazing product to use alone, mix with moisturizer, or even use as a makeup primer, all of which I do!
- It’s been quite a year for Fenty Beauty. I LOVE their stuff to be honest. This is probably my favorite makeup brand of the year. It’s no surprise then that the Fenty Killawat highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal made my favorites list. These shades are perfect for my light skintone, and I love that you can highlight both subtly, and extremely GLAM. I will definitely be purchasing more Fenty products in 2019!
- I find it so hard to find a good mascara. That’s why I was blown away when I tried the Benefit Bad Gal BANG mascara. It does WONDERS for my short and straight lashes. Adds curve and volume without being clumpy at all…it’s everything I’ve been searching for my whole life.
- Bronzers are probably one of my favorite makeup products, and the Benefit Hoola bronzer is definitely a winner for me! I’ve used both the Hoola Lite and the regular Hoola, and both work well for my skin. They make for an excellent contour shade, and blend amazingly on my skin.
- Pixi has definitely wowed me in terms of blush this past year. They’re slowly becoming my go-to blush brand, especially for peach-toned blushes. I recently received the Pixi Glow blushes from them, and the GildedBare Glow is probably the best product to ever walk the face of the earth. It’s literally an ombre that goes from bronze to blush to highlight, but you can also blend it all together for one custom shade, or just use them separately and I swear to you…the color and the GLOW that this gives, is U N R E A L.
- Remember on #2 when I said Fenty was my favorite brand of the year? I wasn’t kidding. The final product on my list is the Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow. This is their original gloss shade, and while I’m not huge on glosses, this is probably the best gloss I’ve ever used. The shade is absolutely gorgeous, and adds the nicest shine to your lips whether you’re using it alone or as a lipstick topper. Ugh. Drool.
Please share your 2018 favorites with me so I can try them in 2019! One of my goals is to get back on the makeup game!